This bbq chicken salad recipe may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure further information.
This super easy bbq chicken salad involves minimal prep and little to no cleanup. Rotisserie chickens are such a great item to add to your grocery list, because you can pretty much do anything and everything with them. This salad is vibrant, crunchy, creamy, and delicious. And what’s better? At 338 calories per serving, you won’t feel guilty about grabbing seconds!
where did the inspiration behind this recipe come from?
I’ve been in sort of a slump recently when it comes to our lunches. Honestly, we’ve just been so busy ! I pulled together this quick and easy bbq chicken salad in 20 minutes one day for lunch! Thankfully, I had purchased a rotisserie chicken the day before and had taken the meat off the bones and store it in the fridge. Next, I had some leftover corn on the cob, and plenty of fresh produce. The rest was me winging-it! This bbq chicken salad recipe is one that you’ll find yourself making time and time again.
I’ll admit, this recipe isn’t really a recipe.. rather, it’s a way to throw things together in a very delicious way. So while you might not copy this recipe to the tee, I hope this serves as more of an inspiration for you! Basically, you grab a rotisserie chicken, a base of your choice (romaine, spinach, arugula, etc.), pick 2-3 favorite veggies, 1 cheese, 1 “fun” item (nuts, avocado, croutons, dried fruit), and then you add your favorite dressing. Boom. Great salad every time. I promise, like, pinky promise. BBQ chicken salads are here to stay but truly the MVP is the rotisserie chicken.
What you need to make seasoned and salted’s BBQ Chicken Salad:
- rotisserie chicken
- romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- dressing of your choice
- barbecue sauce
- 10 oz shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken or prepared by you
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 heads romaine, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels or kernels from 2 ears of corn
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp creamy dressing I love using ranch for this recipe!
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Make sure to chop all of your ingredients up before assembling. Add your salad base to a large serving bowl, then top with the remaining ingredients: chicken, corn, tomatoes, onion, bacon, and avocado.
- Drizzle barbecue sauce and dressing over the salad. Toss to combine and coat the salad evenly. Serve immediately.
Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make this recipe – and if you do, don’t forget to tag @seasonedandsalted and #seasonedandsalted on Instagram!
Leave a Reply