This chicken pita post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my/our full disclosure further information.
Now that Eric and I have been working home for over a year, we have started to rely on a pretty delicious rotation of recipes for our weekday lunches. These Greek-Inspired Chicken Pitas are the perfect weekday lunch! Oregano, lemon, and Greek Yogurt help to flavor the chicken in this healthy and easy greek chicken pita recipe.
This dish is easily made on a stovetop and comes together fairly quickly. Make your marinade and place the chicken in the fridge in the morning and your chicken pita will be ready by lunch! If you want, you could make the Greek chicken and serve it over a salad, or make a rice bowl. I love making a Greek bowl with rice, village salad (chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta, a little olive oil, s+p), chicken, hummus, and hot sauce!
Do you like Mediterranean food? If so, you should definitely check out my Falafel recipe ! You could easily make these chicken pitas for dinner and serve my falafel as an appetizer along with some homemade hummus for a Mediterranean-inspired evening! It’s much easier to eat healthy (and to enjoy it) when there are plentiful, colorful options available!
What you need to make seasoned and salted’s Greek-inspired chicken pitas:
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- greek yogurt
- olive oil
- fresh pita
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- hot sauce
Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make this recipe – and if you do, don’t forget to tag @seasonedandsalted and #seasonedandsalted on Instagram!
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt plain
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt kosher
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pitas
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 cup romaine shredded
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 tbsp feta crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Add the chicken, greek yogurt, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to a small bowl. Miix to combine and set in the fridge while you prepare your toppings (chop romaine, tomatoes, onions, etc.).
- Once you are done preparing veggies, heat olive oil in your saucepan on medium high. Once the oil is hot and glistening, add chicken and cook for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. While the chicken is cooking, heat pitas in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- To assemble your pitas, start with the hummus directly on your pita and spread.Then add chicken, veggies, and top with feta and hot sauce! Serve immediately.