This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure further information..
This recipe may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my/our full disclosure further information.
Football season is in full swing, and that means one thing: nachos! My biggest pet peeve when it comes to nachos, is that often times you get a naked chip. A lone tortilla chip without any sight of cheese, salsa, or meat. To prevent this from happening, I made a layered nacho recipe so that each chip has a lil something!
why you should make these nachos
Nachos are super easy to make, and they are relatively inexpensive! Plus, you can make them out of pretty much anything. As long as you have chips, cheese, and and some veggies or meat, you are good to go! What I really love about this recipe is how quickly everything comes together. You can make this for a crowd, just cut and prepare your veggies beforehand. Layer the nachos with toppings and cheese and pop them in the oven as soon as your guests arrive for a hot, yummy snack!
what ingredients do you need to make nachos?
- Tortilla Chips – the base for our nachos – look for sturdy chips that can handle a ton of toppings!
- Cheese – we can’t have nachos without melty cheese!
- Veggies – I love chopped tomatoes, onion, and jalapeño with my nachos. You can also add shredded lettuce or corn.
how do I make nachos at home?
Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make this recipe – and if you do, don’t forget to tag @seasonedandsalted and #seasonedandsalted on Instagram!
- Oven-Safe Skillet (I use my braiser)
- 1 lb ground turkey you can use beef or chicken if you want, but I prefer turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 oz tortilla chips
- ¾ 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained (10 oz)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- ½ cup lite Mexican cheese blend shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes seeds removed then diced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional Toppings: corn kernels sliced olives, avocado, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Cook olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet until glistening. Add ground turkey, and break up using a wooden spoon. Cook until browned and heated through. Add ⅔ cup of water and contents of the taco seasoning packet. Mix to combine, and continue to simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean. Lay out half of the tortilla chips in a single layer in the skillet. Next, add half of the ground turkey and half of the beans. Top with half of the cheese. Repeat layering ontop with the remaining chips, beans and turkey, and cheese. and bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Top the nachos with red onion, tomato, jalapeño slices, and cilantro. Serve immediately. Drizzle with sour cream or greek yogurt and add additional toppings, if desired.