This Italian meatball recipe may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my/our full disclosure further information.
Meatballs are a delicious, easy meal prep idea that I like to make often. This Italian meatball recipe is one of my favorites. Eric asks me to make this weekly. There are a few easy ingredients and overall the meatballs are prepared and cooked quickly. Your family will love these meatballs.
why you should make this Italian meatball recipe
Not only is this meatball recipe easy, it’s also versatile! If you make these on a Sunday, you can use them in a variety of ways throughout the week. These meatballs are great in a variety of dishes. First, who doesn’t love a meatball sub? You can also enjoy these meatballs with pasta. But, honestly, these meatballs are amazing all on their own!
what ingredients do you need to make meatballs?
- Ground Veal, Pork, and Beef – The secret to my Italian meatballs is this trio of meat. Super flavorful and the perfect balance!
- Breadcrumbs – Many people opt to make their own breadcrumbs, but store-bought totally works for this recipe. It’s not very breadcrumb heavy and seasoned breadcrumbs work perfectly.
- Garlic – I’ve never seen an Italian recipe without garlic.. the more, the better!
- Parsley – Fresh parsley adds some brightness to these meatballs, you can also add fresh basil.
- Eggs – Eggs help us bind together the meatballs so they don’t fall apart!
how do I make Italian meatballs?
Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make this recipe – and if you do, don’t forget to tag @seasonedandsalted and #seasonedandsalted on Instagram!
- rimmed baking sheet
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup pecorino romano cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (optional, but allows for easier cleanup) and place a wire rack on top. If you do not have a wire rack, that is okay. I prefer to use one so that the fat drips off and so that my meatballs are a tad bit healthier!
- Add your ground meats (veal, pork, and beef) to a mixing bowl, along with 2 cracked eggs, 8 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 cup chopped parsley, 1 cup pecorino romano cheese, 1 cup diced yellow onion, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper.2 pounds ground beef
- Using your hands, mix to combine. Then, add 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs and fold to mix evenly.
- Portion out the meatball mixture into 2 tablespoon pieces before rolling into a ball in the palm of your hand.
- Place the meatballs evenly spread out across your baking sheet (or on top of the wire rack on top of a sheet). I normally fit about 6 or so per baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 20-25 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Continue with remaining meatballs.