This burger post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure further information.
Ask anyone, I always order a burger wherever I go. Growing up, my mom made turkey burgers and honestly, I never new the difference between what I had at home, and the beef patties I’d have at friends’ houses or restaurants. They were that good. Now, I try to substitute turkey burgers for the traditional beef variety as often as possible. The result is a lighter, leaner patty, without sacrificing any of the flavor.
These Juicy Italian-Style Turkey Burgers will be an instant favorite with your family. They are flavorful, juicy, and are the perfect vessel for allllllllll the best toppings! Although these are what I call “Italian-style”, they are pretty mild in flavor so you can top these babies with whatever you like. My personal favorite way to top a burger is a classic take: LTO, mayo (always Hellemann’s), ketchup, pickles, and lots of cheese!
Ground turkey is a great substitute for beef, when seasoned well and cooked correctly. This burger recipe is successful because of the ingredients of course, but it really comes down to the cooking. Make sure not to overcook your burger. Turkey has a tendency to dry out extremely easily. In my opinion, this is why turkey burgers get such a bad reputation – because folks simply don’t know how to cook them!
What you need to make seasoned and salted’s Juicy italian-style turkey burgers:
- ground turkey (my favorite ground turkey is from ButcherBox)
- white onion
- fresh Italian parsley
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning blend
- Worcestershire sauce
Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make this recipe – and if you do, don’t forget to tag @seasonedandsalted and #seasonedandsalted on Instagram!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- pinch of salt and pepper
- avocado oil
- Preheat your grill or heat up your grill pan if you're cooking inside. Add all ingredients (except for the avocado oil). Mix the ingredients well until they are well-combined.
- Dive the ground turkey mixture into four equal parts. Roll the fourths into balls and then flatten into a patty. Each patty will probably be about 5 oz.
- Grill the burgers for 4 minutes per side. If you want to add cheese, add it when there are 2 minutes left on the second side so it melts perfectly.