This margarita post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my/our full disclosure further information.
Ditch the margarita mix and make this fruity drink from scratch! Nothing says “warm weather” to me like margaritas. I think everyone has their own natural preference of alcohol when it comes to cocktails, and for me, that’s tequila. Normally, my go-to is a simple margarita made with fresh lime juice, but I was feeling fancy and decided too make a refreshing mango margarita instead.
This margarita recipe makes about four servings and is super easy to make! Normally, I make the majority of my cocktails in a cocktail shaker (I love this all-in-one kit). However, this margarita recipe, which is made with fresh (or frozen) mango, is best made in a blender. Since this recipe makes four drinks, I used my larger Vitamix, although you could use something smaller like a NutriBullet (also a huge favorite of mine that we use for small batch recipes) by doing a little bit at a time.
When I was testing out this recipe, I found that adding a little bit of agave and a little bit of ice really helps. Mango produces a very thick, syrup-y juice.. so the ice helps to thin it out! I added agave in this recipe because my friend Julia was over and she likes her margaritas a little sweet. Personally, you can include it or not.
What you need to make seasoned and salted’s mango margaritas:
- fresh or frozen mango
- cointreau or triple sec
- fresh lime juice
- fresh orange juice
- agave (optional)
Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make this recipe – and if you do, don’t forget to tag @seasonedandsalted and #seasonedandsalted on Instagram!
- 2 cups mango peeled and diced (about 2 mangos)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 8 fl oz tequila blanco (8 fl oz = 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup orange liquor my favorite is cointreau
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup ice cubes plus more to serve
- 1 tbsp agave optional
- lime wedges for serving
- Add 1/2 cup ice, 3 peeled and diced mangos, 1/2 cup orange juice, 8 oz (1 cup) tequila, 1/3 cup orange liquor 1/4 cup lime juice and (if using) 1 tbsp agave to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and pour over ice in margarita glasses or rocks glasses. Serve with a lime wedge and enjoy right away!