This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure further information..
This roasted green bean post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my/our full disclosure further information.
Everyone has a favorite vegetable. For me, that would be green beans. I absolutely love them! This recipe is dressed up and a step up from plain roasted green beans. Shallots and almonds add a flavorful crunch – who said veggies had to be boring?
why you should make this recipe
Now, although I think these roasted green beans are perfect for Thanksgiving.. they’re also perfect for any old day of the week. These green beans would be perfect to serve with beef tenderloin, roasted chicken, or pork dishes. My favorite way to eat these green beans are with my stuffed chicken recipe.
Ask anyone, green beans are my favorite veggie! If I had it my way, I would serve them daily in my house.. although someone isn’t a fan..This green bean recipe is quick to whip up, and the almonds add a bit of a crunch! A good rule of thumb that I follow when roasting veggies, is 400 °F for 35 minutes. They always turn out perfect for me!
how to make this recipe your own
- Did someone say cheese? – For added flavor, you can serve these topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese on top of the roasted green beans – it’s delicious!
- Cranberries – For a more Thanksgiving-y take, add some dried (or fresh) cranberries. Yum!
How long will these stay good for?
These roasted green beans will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge, in an airtight container.
Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make this recipe – and if you do, don’t forget to tag @seasonedandsalted and #seasonedandsalted on Instagram!
Roasted Green Beans with Almonds and Shallots
- large mixing bowl
- rimmed baking sheet
- 1 lb green beans trimmed and rinsed
- 1 shallot sliced crosswise
- 1 3/4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil, set aside.
- In a small sauté pan, heat 1/4 tbsp olive oil until shimmering, over medium heat. Add sliced shallot and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Take the shallots off the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the green beans, sautéed shallot, remaining 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, slivered almonds, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spread the green beans out on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast at 400 °F for 35 minutes.