This sun-dried tomato pesto pasta may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure further information.
Sun-dried tomato pesto pasta.. say that three times fast! Kidding! Wow. Seriously, this pasta is amazing. It is divine. It is all things good and delicious and creamy and tangy. This recipe comes together fairly easily – all you need is my sun-dried tomato pesto (which comes together in 5 minutes), some butter, cream, pasta, and basil. I mean, how easy is that? This dish is so creamy and delicious. I absolutely love it with bucatini. Please, please make this dish. I love it. You’ll love it. We will all love this Bucatini with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Cream and Basil.
where did the inspiration behind this recipe come from?
II made this for dinner and Eric didn’t say a word.. until he finished his plate. Then he looked at me and said, “please tell me you wrote this recipe down”. Luckily for him (and you), I did! But let’s back it up a little bit (insert rewind sound here). So, I played around until I created the world’s best red pesto.. and then I wanted some creamy pasta.. Basically, I was on a mission to make the most delicious creamy tomato-y pasta possible.
This sun-dried tomato pesto pasta is the product of one of those happy experiments that actually goes well on the first try! I’m so pleased with how this dish turned out, and i think it’s one that you are sure to love.
If I had to describe this recipe.. hmm, what would I say? This Bucatini with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Cream and Basil dish is silky, tangy, and just a little bit spicy. Perfect for an intimate dinner for two or feeding the whole family! You can even add some protein (like grilled shrimp or crumbled sausage) if you’re wanting to beef it up a bit! Trust me, you will love this sun-dried tomato pesto pasta
What you need to make seasoned and salted’s Creamy sun-dried tomato pesto Pasta:
- sun-dried tomato pesto
- bucatini (or pasta of your choice)
- kosher salt
Lastly.. Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make this recipe! And, if you do, don’t forget to tag @seasonedandsalted and #seasonedandsalted on Instagram!
- 8 oz bucatini or pasta of your choice
- 1/4 cup sun-died tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Add water to a large stockpot and salt liberally and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta according to the directions (al dente). While we cook the pasta, let's make the sauce.
- In a large sauté pan, melt 8 tbsp unsalted butter over medium heat until just foaming. Then, add in 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, while whisking, until combined.
- Next, add 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix until combined. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring and scraping up any browned bits on the bottom.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, strain and add it to the pesto cream sauce. Remove the sauté pan off the heat, add 1/2 cup basil leaves, and use tongs to toss. Continue to toss until the pasta is evenly coated in the sauce. Serve immediately.