This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure further information..
This chocolate chip cookie post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my/our full disclosure further information.
So, not to toot my own horn.. But these are the best chocolate chip cookies you will ever make. Look, there are millions of recipes for chocolate chip cookies on the internet.. I get it. But when you think of a classic chocolate chip cookie in its simplest, most satisfying form… that’s this cookie.
If you take a single piece of advice from me when it comes to baking cookies, it’s this: take those suckers out of the oven before they look done.. If your cookies look completely cooked through and browned and they’re still in the oven, you’ve over- cooked them. The best, gooiest cookies finish cooking outside of the oven.
Eric and I love making these chocolate chip cookies and freezing the dough into single-servings. This way, we can place and bake them whenever a sweet craving strikes. This recipe is easy enough, and is a great way to bake with your kids. This chocolate chip cookie recipe is easily doubled (or tripled).
Lastly, this chocolate chip cookie recipe doesn’t require any special equipment. For these cookies, you won’t need a stand mixer, or even a hand mixer. This cookie dough is mixed easily by hand. If you wanted to, you could also add some chopped walnuts. My mom always made her cookies with nuts when I was growing up. However, I usually omit them due to allergens.
What you need to make seasoned and salted’s brown butter chocolate chip cookies:
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- baking soda
- kosher salt
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- semi-sweet morsels
Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make this recipe – and if you do, don’t forget to tag @seasonedandsalted and #seasonedandsalted on Instagram!
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Heat 1 stick of butter in a saucepan over medium heat, until browned but not burnt (about 3-4 minutes), stirring frequently to break up browned bits. Remove and set aside in a large mixing bowl to cool for a minute or so. Meanwhile, add the flour, salt, and baking soda to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut remaining butter (½ stick) into cubes and add to browned butter. Mix gently until melted. Add the brown and white sugars to the melted butter, whisking vigorously to avoid clumps, until combined.
- Add egg and yolks to the sugar mixture, whisking until smooth, then add vanilla extract. Slowly add your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) to the melted butter and eggs by folding with a spatula. Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to avoid dry clumps.
- Once your batter is combined, add the chocolate chip morsels and fold to combine.
- Using scoop (or hands) split the cookie dough into 16 equally-sized balls. Place on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper) and bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden but not brown.
- When the cookies are finished cooking, let them cool on cookie sheets or (preferably) cooling rack for 10 minutes before serving.