This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see our full disclosure further information..
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my/our full disclosure further information.
Summer is without a doubt, my favorite time of year. I love cookouts, cold beers, and of course, cheeseburgers and hotdogs. But you know what’s even better than all of that? This tortellini pasta salad. This pasta salad is SUCH a hit! My friends like it, Eric’s friends like it, even my boss likes it! The key to this recipe is using refrigerated tortellini, none of that dried stuff!
I love this pasta salad recipe because it comes together so quickly. All you need is tortellini, cheese, Italian dressing, pepperoni, bell pepper, and onion. Honestly, if you’re short on time, you can grab pre-diced bell pepper and onion. This side dish is extremely filling, thanks to the cheese-filled pasta.
I often suggest making this dish the day before you are serving it. That way, you ensure that the pasta has been able to soak up some of the Italian dressing. Another great tip is to add the remaining dressing right before serving. Give the tortellini one last toss, and it’s done! Lastly, when in doubt.. double the recipe! This one is sure to be a hit.
What you need to make seasoned and salted’s Tortellini pasta salad:
- colby-jack cheese
- red onion
- bell pepper
- Italian dressing
- Italian seasoning blend
- ground black pepper
Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make this recipe – and if you do, don’t forget to tag @seasonedandsalted and #seasonedandsalted on Instagram!
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 2 (9 oz) packages of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced about 1 large pepper
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 oz colby jack cheese, cubed
- 2 oz pepperoni slices, quartered
- 1 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Drain the tortellini immediately once it is done cooking. Transfer it to a large serving bowl and add the bell pepper, onion, pepperoni, and cheese. Mix to combine.
- Next, add 1 cup of Italian dressing, as well as the pepper and Italian seasonings. Mix well, making sure to evenly coat the tortellini mixture with the seasonings and dressing. Taste and make adjustments if desired.
- Cover the tortellini salad and move it to the fridge to chill for an hour(overnight preferred).
- Before serving, toss the salad, making sure to mix up any dressing that has accumulated on the bottom. Add the reserved 1⁄2 cup ofItalian dressing if necessary, mix well, and serve!